Summer has arrived! And while we couldn’t be more thrilled to feel the sun’s rays soaking into our skin, we start craving anything ice cream to keep cool with. When we’re spending more time in less clothing, wrecking our diets is not an option! Keep reading for healthy smoothie options to soothe your sweaty soul, and tame that sweet tooth!
Flat Belly Smoothie : It’s bikini season… so is there anything better than something that has “flat belly” in it’s name?! All the ingredients in this flat-belly smoothie, such as Greek yogurt and blueberries, are great for busting bloat. If that’s not enough, you also get the sweetness of pineapple, which contains an enzyme that helps ease digestion.
- 3 ounces vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup kale
- 3/4 cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender, and mix until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately.
Fat-Burning Smoothie : Not only will the caffeine in the green tea give you much-needed energy, but cinnamon and green tea also have been shown to have metabolism-boosting properties. In addition, research has shown that honey may help regulate blood-sugar levels, meaning you won’t feel groggy after this afternoon snack. The next time you’re feeling like you could use a frosty sweet caffeinated beverage, forgo the Frappuccino for this 139-calorie green tea smoothie instead.
- 1/2 cup green tea, chilled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon high-quality honey
- 1/2 banana
- Add one to two scoops of ice to blender along with all ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Hangover Cure Smoothie : f sipping a mojito on the beach isn’t in the cards anytime soon, then serve up this refreshing mojito smoothie that tastes just like the boozy tropical treat. This riff on a green machine does more than offer a full serving of fruit and veggies—it helps alleviate hangover pains! Instead of leaving you with a nasty headache, this virgin mojito is high in potassium, manganese, and B vitamins.
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 small lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh spearmint
- Ice cubes
- Combine soy milk, banana, spinach, vanilla, and lime juice in a high-speed blender.
- Add spearmint and four or five ice cubes. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste, and add more spearmint or lime juice as desired.
Want even more (healthy!) smoothie recipes?! CLICK HERE for 47 (!) more smoothie recipes from PopSugar Fitness!